Monday, August 30, 2010

Loony Loomie

Lecture Review 4 -

Today's lecture was kind of boring, No offense to Jules or Josh as you guys were great, but I kind of already knew this stuff as I was told this but Albert Moran who is my Introduction To Screen Analysis teacher. However, you guys put so much effort to lectures that I did pay attention. There were a very things that I didn't know such as when the first commercial video player was released and how much it cost. Its really amazing how far film has come from first being released by the Lumiere Brothers to now being 3D (which is a gimmick). I would love have to been born in the early 1900's in Paris and witness the birth of film. I don't really think the Lumiere Brother knew how much film now plays a vital role in our lives. We watch it for entertainment, to escape our boring lives and imagine being in someone elses shoes. The Lumiere Brothers paved away generations of new film makers. I think we really ow it to them!! I do anyways. Whats also interesting is how far the actual cinema has come. Being shown in little theater rooms to megaplexes with massive screens and surround sound. Its fantastic. What was really interesting, that I didn't know, what Australia was the only country set up to regularly produce feature-length films before 1911. Now that I didn't know. So how come you don't here about this. Usually Australia is proud of its film culture so wouldn't you think something like this info most people would know. I really would like to see this films made in Australia!!


No comments:

Post a Comment