Thursday, October 7, 2010

And The Oscar Goes Too.................

YOOOOO!!

Haha. Ok time to get serious!! I need to write a review on this course (New Communication Technology) and let everyone know what I think of it. Well, to tell you the truth........I actually like this course, besides a few boring lectures but that’s in most classes anyways. The teachers are great which is always the main thing people want to know before they start this course, I know I wanted to. I was afraid they were going to be strict and shit but they actually weren't. They're funny and awesome and they actually treat you like an adult. The next good thing about the course is in the tutorials.

In tutorials, the exercises we do in class are always fun and interactive. They're never boring. By the second class I had already made friends because of the exercises they had given us (30 second picture movie) which is great. There's also a wide range of activities we get given to do and their pretty easy too. Most activities only take about an hour to do. OOHHH I probably shouldn't say this but they never get angry if we're on Facebook while their talking or coming around. They don't care so that’s what I love about this course so pleeease don't change it. Now the lecture side of things.

I can't really say much about the lectures because I feel like I hardly went to many of them. I think I went to 8 or 9 of the lectures and most of them were good. Pretty informative on the topic covered. One thing they should do I fire that Virtual Reality dude and keep that hippie dude (Adam Muir) as that hippie dude was friggin awesome. He knew what he was on about with the internet and I like his whole conspiracy theory on Facebook and the CIA privacy thingy while the Virtual Reality dude (see I can't even remember his name) was sooooooooo boooooorrring and not to mention confusing. That lecture was the only lecture out of all lectures I've ever had, for any subject for that matter, where I have left feeling extremely confused and in tire need of wanting to run into a wall. My most favourite activity that I've don't so far would have to have been the Culture Jamming exercise where in groups you had to great a rumour and try and get it picked up by the media.

My group was soooooo close to getting it picked up by the media. We actually got asked to talked about it for the newspaper but unfortunately we couldn't (more like weren't) go further. Imagine if we had mwahh haha. I think that is all I have to say about this course. If there is anything I have forgotten then let me knoow aye!...Ohhh, one more thing before I head off........change task 8 (cyberpunk exercise), I don't get it. haha





No comments:

Post a Comment